Ray joined CEA Group in 2012 and since then, he has served the firm in numerous capacities across many of its entities. Today, as it relates to CEA, Ray concentrates on domestic and international clients in all areas of corporate advisory services and investment banking which include:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Placements of Debt and Equity
- Business Development, Strategic and Financial Advisory Services
Throughout his successful career, Ray has initiated and managed cross border technology alliances and provided highly structured finance and M & A services for banking and finance, defense electronics, entertainment and media (broadcast, cable and theatres), natural resources, IT infrastructure, medical products, technology and telecommunications companies across the U.S. Europe and Latin America.
Prior to joining CEA, Ray established extensive and successful first-hand experience scaling the business development, IT infrastructure and staffing of numerous organizations. As an agent, banker and broker, Ray has been involved in transacting deals of all sizes and representing all parties.
- Highlights from Ray's past 30+ years include:
- Founder, CEO and Investor of EnSA Holdings, LLC (Fort Lauderdale, FL), an agriculture business operating in the Dominican Republic.
- Founder & Managing Partner of Semaphore Capital Advisors, LLC (Greenwich, CT) which he formed to provide corporate advisory services and investment banking services for companies in the defense electronics, media and telco, medical products and technology industries.
- Chairman & CEO of Bluewater Information Convergence, Inc. (Greenwich, CT) where he raised significant growth capital, and executed the company’s growth strategy to automate and organize the computing infrastructure of Fortune 500 and large middle market clients that included Sony, Direct TV, Standard & Poors, The Weather Channel and 20th Century Fox.
- Managing Director with ING Barings/Furman Selz (New York, NY) where he managed the Corporate Finance Practice covering media, telecom and technology market transactions in U.S., Europe, and Latin America. His work included M & A, technology-centered cross border corporate alliances and large corporate restructurings.
- President & COO of Solomon Broadcasting International, L.P. (Greenwich, CT & Beverly Hills, CA) where he executed a turnaround of a Warburg Pincus-funded LP. Ray restructured internal operations and reduced losses, structured and managed acquisitions and banking relationships and established a new business strategy to acquire media and telecom properties in Latin America.
- Vice President & Director of Allen & Company, Inc. (New York, NY) where he acted as a generalist investment banker and business development officer. Ray arranged several cross-border financings between U.S. and European companies, and served as a board member for several Allen investments in the U.S. & Europe.
- Senior Vice President of the Media & Telecom Group for GE Capital, Inc. (New York, NY) where he restructured GE capital’s media banking team broadening its focus from cable TV to broadcast, telecom, entertainment, theatre companies and European broadcast & cable TV.
Ray earned his BA of Economics from the University of Delaware and his MBA in Finance from George Washington University. Ray also studied Technology and Ethics at Yale University. He holds FINRA Licenses 7, 24 and 63.